Dragaera

Reliability and POV

Sun Feb 15 19:52:32 PST 2004

> This sounds like an *excellent* pair of projects.  Since you don't
> give a URL, I assume nothing's up yet?  I imagine I'll want to link to
> it when you get it up.

You are correct; I am working on creating a database of all the text that
pertains to geography, to make it easier both to create the map, and
demonstrate why I believe it looks the way it looks:

1. Enter all the text into an online database.

2. Create a second database of the "point A is <some distance> to the
<direction> of point B" type that references the first database.

3. Create some maps based on this information (for example, I think I have a
fairly solid case for the relationship between Adrilankha, Castle Black,
Dzur Mountain, and Nacine, which I have previously mentioned on the mailing
list... I also think I have a good idea of what the area around the
Pepperfields looks like).

When it is ready, I will post a link to it here, and you are quite welcome
to link to it as you desire, although (and I'm getting a bit ahead of myself
here) in all likelyhood my site will require Internet Explorer 5.5+, Mozilla
1.0.2+ or Safari 1.2+ to use (I'm using a web application I developed where
I work to run my site, and it has those requirements--actually, it was
written for IE 6.0, but the other browsers I mentioned appear to work fairly
well with it).

Bryan