Dragaera

Who is Laszlo?

Sun Feb 15 19:59:07 PST 2004

--- Jason *Jaxel* Axelrod <jda3 at njit.edu> wrote:
> SPOILER WARNING.
>

> So I just finished LOCB and it occurred to me that
> something doesn't make
> sense about Laszlo, the Count of Brimford. Laszlo is
> an easterner and the
> empress Zerika's secret lover. He is her secret
> lover because Laszlo is an
> easterner and it would be unbecoming for the
> Dragaeran empress to be
> consorting with an easterner. LOCB takes place 250
> years before Phoenix in
> which Zerika admits to Vald that she does infact
> have an eastern lover and
> his name is Laszlo. 250 years? How could an
> easterner such as Laszlo manage
> to live for more then 120 years?
[snip]
So who is Laszlo? Perhaps my
> question will be answered
> in Sethra Lavode.

Althought I haven't read LOCB yet, I would hazzard a
guess that it could be a different Laszlo. Also we
don't know much about Laszlo in the present day, so
who can say what his current status is.

> Another question as I have managed to read the
> entire Brokedown Palace in a
> single day. Is there yet any theories to who the
> daughter of Miklos and
> Brigitta is? At first I started to think that it
> could possibly be Cawti as
> Devera popped up and explained to Miklos that in the
> future it would be the
> people who would have to look out and be wary of his
> daughter. But then I
> realized that it was Devera who had spoken! It would
> be improbable that the
> daughter was Cawti because since Devera is but a
> small elf child, Cawti
> would be of middle age or older at the present time
> of history. At the time
> that Cawti would be born, the only place you would
> have been able to find
> Devera would have been in the Paths of the Dead or
> in the dreams of those
> bound to her. The fact that Devera is alive is
> considerable proof that the
> story of BP takes place a considerable time after
> the current Vlad Taltos
> stories. So then perhaps Miklos' daughter is no one
> of consequence and
> anyone who pursues to investigate such bloodlines
> would be in for a lost
> cause?

Cawti is Miklos and Brigitta's daughter. Remember time
doesn't affect Devera the same as it does everyone
else. Devera delivered a letter to her grandfather
>from her grandmother with the news of her mother's
birth. That pretty much demonstrates her special
status in the space-time continuum.

Doc

=====
Doc