Dragaera

What Should I Buy?

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 16:10:55 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/16/2004 9:52:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, Andrew Bailey <abailey at micromuse.com> writes:

> Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
>
>> Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_
>> Butcher, _Fool Moon_
>> Dean, _The Hidden Land_
>> Murphy, _Cat Raise the Dead_
>>
> Well, _The Confusion_ by Neal Stephenson comes out that
> month as well, unfortunatly that is also a book 2 :(
>
> I would always recomend _The Scar_ by China Miéville if you
> haven't read it yet ( and Perdido Street Station as well )

I knew I forgot something in my original post:
"Please limit your recommendations to the books listed."

I can't really afford to pay new book prices for authors I
haven't tried before.  And I only buy hardcovers of Brust and
Pratchett (Erikson would be on the list too if Tor was doing
simultanious releases of the new books, but they aren't).

And from what I've heard about Stephenson and Mieville, I'm
not in their target audiences.

--KG