Dragaera

Really, really, really stupid question

Wed Feb 18 06:24:25 PST 2004

> Recall Adron's reaction at the end of _TPG_ to
> seeing an Easterner with a
> morganti blade...

Good point.  It seems that by Dragon (the room
full of Morganti weapons) that perceptions may
have switched.  Easterners (or maybe just
Vlad, or maybe just ones over in the Empire)
have a superstitious dread of Morganti weapons
that don't seem to bother the Dragaerians so
much at that point.  I get the feeling that
Morganti weapons arn't as commonplace during
_TPG_ as they are now.  Perhaps the Jhereg
were still on the mend from the disaster and
>from the last Dragon-Jhereg war.

An interesting note:  Recall that to be found
with a Morganti blade (or is it just to
commit assassination by M-blade?) is punishable
by death.  It seems that GW's are an allowed
exception, but I bet Vlad would have to pull it
out every five minutes to show the birds that
it's a Great Weapon.  "Say hello to my little
friend!"  (Recall that Vlad did not know
Morrolan's blade was a GW until he whipped it
out, but he knew it was Morganti inside the
sheath.)

Ken