Dragaera

Flying Dragons

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 04:19:36 PST 2004

There is one piece of Issola that I thought I understood, but if it is
true that dragons cannot fly, then what is going on?

Possible Issola Spoilers

(Let's make this a three asterisk pause)

*

*

*

p.233
...and there was a tremendous flash of light from directly overhead
that left me seeing spots just as I was wondering if I should get
involved somehow... The air had that queer tang it gets after a heavy
thunderstorm.
"What was that Loiosh?"
"Something from that guy overhead, I think, Boss."
"Good. Did it accomplish anything?"
"I don't know. But one of them is down."
I saw it then--one of the Jenoine was down indeed, and wouldn't be
getting up again, and there was no mystery about what had taken it out:
the dragon was holding it down with two paws and tearing chunks out  of
the thing with its teeth...

So, what was overhead if not the dragon? There is no mention of any
other entity flying around.

Also, as to the identity of the Dragon as Devera (and I am aware of
certain ex cathedra comments): Since "Mommy isn't allowed to know"
about Devera's existence, what explains Sethra's comment to Aliera that
she should know who the dragon was?

Ken Gorelick