Dragaera

Robert Jordan (was: Seen the other night....)

Fri Feb 20 15:17:02 PST 2004

--- Philip Hart <philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, skzb wrote:
>

> > > Spoiler for Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun:

> > > The Book of the New Sun.
> >
> > Uh...that was one ponit of view, first person from Sevarian.
>
> I freely admit the above answer was rather snarky.
>
> But Severian doesn't exactly have one point of view, given that
> he's a combination of the original Severian, Thecla, the autarch,
> the previous autarch, a white hole ...  Chapter XXXV of _The Citadel_
> gives some evidence he's not an alloy but a composite.

He doesn't contain a white hole till a book I'm trying to forget,
and I think he's mostly a composite, a literal Autarch, with a lapse
or two.  His name is Legion.

> I wonder if Vlad will have a unified POV - at the end of _Issola_
> the Necromancer is already wondering who's running the show...

I expect that _Tiassa_ will be somewhere between _The Book of
the New Sun_ and _I Will Fear No Evil_.

/When I see a Tiassalord in such circumstances, I cannot help
but think of the tiassas of the forest, and of the heresiarch
Felix, who was condemned by Willebrord the Insufficiently Prudent
for suggesting that our desire to keep cats is a flowing forth
of our dammed-up desire for women or for men, as the case may be.
It is said that in one ancient language-- Chatelaine Teldra, do
you wish to speak?/

/Thanks, twin hon.  I always used to call Khaavren my Tom Cat./

Jerry Friedman trusts that's not a prohibited fanfic.