Dragaera

Question for THE Steven

Fri Feb 20 15:22:34 PST 2004

This was a mistake on my part.  The scene I was thinking of was
the one in Chapter 5 of Issola that Warlord mentioned above.
It may not the first time Verra has seen Spellbreaker, but it's
the first time she reacts (in any obvious way).

> > > I agree with the latter,
> > > particularly because I think its
> > > Verra's blood (the blood of a
> > > god(dess?)) that Kiera gave to Vlad.

I strongly suspect that that's right.

> > > Remember that Sethra was once offered
> > > God-hood?  And she's a vampire?  So I
> > > think the blood was the offer of god-
> > > hood (Which she "gave" to Kiera, and
> > > Kiera gave to Vlad).  I think Aliera,
> > > Morrolan, and possibly Vlad now all
> > > have a little god-hood in them.
> > >

> > Now that is a fascinating theory. I like it.

> > Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.
> > 	--H. G. Wells
> >

> Furthermore, I suspect that Sethra was
> given a choice "God-hood or Morrolan".
> I think it was "dangerous for her to
> keep it" was because she is 1. a vampire
> 2. tempted by god-hood.  Also, I kinda
> think of Sethra as "Verra the Younger".
> Role-playing is god-hood for the masses.
> (multiple places at once)
> :-)

I have my doubts.  I meant to look up what Kiera tells Vlad
about the blood at the end of _Taltos_, or was it the end of
_Orca_?  But I thought there was something about her being
told to give it to Vlad, but not why.  It's an interesting
idea, though.

Jerry Friedman