Dragaera

GEO: Brokedown Palace

Fri Feb 20 18:17:28 PST 2004

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me find a copy of "Brokedown
Palace".  I received it in the mail yesterday, and just finished it.

Great book, wish I had read it before reading on here about who the daughter
is... I nearly think I would have pretended to know who she was...

It also provided me with the biggest geographic "ah ha!" I've yet had the
pleasure to read from Brust:

pg 38-39 "Miklos ... scooped up a handful of the water of Lake Fenarr ... It
was more than two years ago that he had passed this way traveling west.
Then, he had known it as the source of the River.  Now he knew it for the
basin that collected water from higher mountains, and sent it forth both
east and west.  In the west, the Lake's spawn was called the Eastern River.

That combined with the map at the start shows me the course of the Eastern
Mountains and the location of Redface/Pepperfields/etc.  Now if only I can
figure out to what scale the map was drawn. :)

Bryan Newell (http://bryann.net)
Let's settle this the democratic way.... whoever has the most money decides
 - me