Dragaera

Geography: An Introduction to the Map of Dragaera

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 18:02:37 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/22/2004 5:51:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Bryan Newell" <bryann at bryann.net> writes:

> I have begun work on my new website devoted to mapping the
> world of Dragaera.
>
> You can access this website by going to http://bryann.net
> and clicking on the Steven Brust object on the shelf at the
> top (btw, the stylized Jhereg on this object is one of my
> musings for the Cycle, another project I am working on).
>
> My website has been developed using a web application I
> wrote at work.  We have almost fifty customers using
> products based on this web application, and every single
> one of them uses Internet Explorer 6 on all of their
> machines.  Accordingly, 99% of my work has gone into making
> our web application work for this browser ONLY.
>
> I understand from previous postings to this mailing list
> that a number of you will be using other browsers.  If you
> have any problems viewing my site, please let me know what
> operating system and browser you're using (including
> versions), and I'll see what I can do.  I do NOT have
> access to a Macintosh here, although we have an older model
> at work that does a great job of collecting dust.

I'm using Netscape 4.8 and Win98SE (mainly because I hate the
look and feel of newer versions), and I can't get past the
"Please wait.." message on either URL above.

And W3C's validator couldn't even parse your site:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fbryann.net%2F

> The novels and their narrators are:
>
> Brokedown Palace
> Athyra
> -  whose narrator is not known to me

These are both narrated in third person, so the only source
of errors is Brust (and possibly his editors).

If you haven't already, take a look at these websites:
http://cracksandshards.com/
http://www.panix.com/~alexx/timeline.txt

--KG