Dragaera

Geography: An Introduction to the Map of Dragaera

Sun Feb 22 18:11:01 PST 2004

> Seems to work fine in Opera 7.23.  Which is interesting, seeing how
> often I run into sites that *don't* work fine.

[rant on]

I made a decision early on to never check what kind of browser a user was
using.

So many web sites do some sort of version check to decide what a browser can
and cannot do.  If (IE6) blah else if (IE5) blah else if (Netscape 6)
blah...

This means, right off the bat, they have limited themselves to a specific
set of browsers, and, moreover, they have to rework their sites every time a
new version of their supported browser(s) is(are) released.

I chose instead to test the specific method I was trying to utilize.  If
(document.all) blah else if (document.layers) blah...

This means a lot of browsers I did not necessarily plan for will work.  If
they support the method, they work.  Regardless of version or developer.

[rant off]

> Good to see it up, and content starting to appear.

I have a few more preparatory articles to go, then I will hopefully begin
actually putting up some maps.

Bryan