Dragaera

Morganti regret (Dragon spoilers within)

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 17:36:33 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/24/2004 12:01:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> writes:

> And how good do you think that evidence is of what the
> magical-wand-for-causing-death-in-the-form-of-a-great-sword
> is doing?  Eating souls, maybe.  Causing death and terror,
> certainly.
>
> I don't think the Serioli name is just about it being
> Morganti.  I think Blackwand is extra deadly, in some
> sense.

_Dragon_, pg 110 (mmpb):
"I should not, however, translate it as 'creating death'. It
would be more precise to say 'removing life-substance'.  Or
perhaps 'sending the life-substance to --'."

I really wish Morrolan hadn't interrupted at this point.  Any
guesses as to what the next term would have been?  Paths of
the Dead (or Halls of Judgement) is a possibility.  Hrmmm...

Iceflame -- power source
Blackwand -- getting people/souls to the PotD
Pathfinder -- tracking down the gods
Godslayer -- removing them

You know, I very nearly think that makes sense.

--KG