Dragaera

I before E

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Feb 25 18:01:38 PST 2004

Outlook should allow you to use prefixed quote characters, rather than
your rather confusing method of simply including it (which makes it
impossible to distinguish between material written by the person you
are replying to, and your reply).

On Outlook 2000, at any rate, the sequence is:

   Tools > Options > E-mail Options > "On replies and forwards",
   "When replying to a message", change the drop-down list to:
      "Prefix each line of original message"

Please make sure that you are using ">" as a quote prefix.

Outlook wasn't designed for newsgroup type messages, and this is a newsgroup
type messages.   I don't usually stick around listservers for very long
unless I can read the messages on a newsgroup.   I'm on one listserver
(IBM-Main), that I read via my newsgroup reader, and then have to remember
to edit the "reply to", from the newsgroup to the listserver name if I want
everybody to read it.

I gave up on a Bujold listserver.   It's hard to make it work with my spam
filters, they interrupt my work, and don't work well with Outlook.