Dragaera

Dzur Mountain

Tue Mar 2 22:23:25 PST 2004

"'Mmmm.  I imagine it is rare?'
'It only appears as a gift from the Gods.'"

I have a question:  Where did the original Trellanstone come from?  Knowing
that the Gods are originally servants of the Jenoine implies that it is from
them that it originates--but there is the small point of the existence of
Amorphia, in the only place that it naturally occurs in existence, which is
Dragaera.

It is my belief that for every naturally occuring phenomena in an ecosystem,
there is some kind of check or balance.  Now, I realize, this is shaky step
of my theory.  But bear with me.

If my shaky step is correct, and not necessarily precisely correct, then it
would follow that Trellanstone exists in some form or another (or maybe just
the components) on Dragaera as well.  Perhaps it is an excessively rare
crystal that runs in veins through very specific places, ie, places where
its component elements have accumulated.

We know that its component elements include, in some form or another, a
substance called "necrophia".  It would seem almost too good to be true if
there existed on one planet a substance called necrophia that just
*happened* to be the perfect controller and channeler of a substance called
amorphia that occurs on an entirely different planet.  But then, if you
broaden the scope of the ecosystem to an intergalactic level...

But anyway, we know that Trellanstone contains necrophia.  I wonder these
two things: Why is it called Trellanstone?  Who or what is Trellan?  And
second, more importantly:  Is Dzur Mountain the source of Trellanstone?  Was
that the real reason behind the assault on Dzur Mountain, to procure some of
this extremely precious substance, though the agent who obtained it was
killed?  It would make sense, in various ways.  It would explain, to some
degree, what kind of power Sethra is sitting on.  It would make a kind of
artistic sense to know that Sethra is a vampire, and possibly a source of a
component of necrophia *herself*.  Perhaps, like diamonds, necrophia is
produced by "undead"  (carbon) combined with time and pressure.  Perhaps
that undeadness reacts with some crystals found deep within the roots of
Dzur Mountain, which I would argue is *the* manifestation of sorcery on
Dragaera, with the exception of, and possibly including, the Orb.  Or
perhaps Sethra herself doesn't know what she is sitting on.

But the more I think about this thing, the more I like it.  Any thoughts?

Jon

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca