Dragaera

Dzur Mountain

Wed Mar 3 06:54:57 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 01:23, J C wrote:

> -but there is the small point of the existence of
> Amorphia, in the only place that it naturally occurs in existence, which is
> Dragaera.

Where does this gem come from?  Saying that amorphia is only found
naturally on Dragaera does ring some bells, but also sounds very wrong
to me.  The Great Sea of Chaos was caused by the disaster that
originally caused the Jenoine to leave.  The Lesser Sea was of course
created by Adron.  The only other way to get amorphia that we know of is
through a certain family line, that was genetically altered by the
Jenoine.  (I seem to recall that even the Easterners were modified
slightly to increase psychic abilities)

All of this seems to point to amorphia on Dragaera *not* being natural.
However, I think I'd buy it if someone claimed that Dragaera is the only
place a sea of amorphia can exist without destroying everything.
Perhaps there is something about the place that keeps the amorphia
naturally at bay.  I'd love to suggest that its the Orb, but the planet
survived the Interregnum, so it can't be that.  Although, Sethra did say
she did certain things to make the Jenoine believe the Orb was there the
whole time.  Perhaps in doing so she also did something to keep the
amorphia at bay.  This kinda goes with what you're saying as I seem to
recall Sethra using the power of Dzur Mountain to do her little trick.