Dragaera

Dzur Mountain

Wed Mar 3 11:54:25 PST 2004

--- Jag <agrajag at dragaera.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 01:23, J C wrote:
>
> > -but there is the small point of the existence of
> > Amorphia, in the only place that it naturally
> occurs in existence, which is
> > Dragaera.
>
> Where does this gem come from?  Saying that amorphia
> is only found
> naturally on Dragaera does ring some bells, but also
> sounds very wrong
> to me.

   It's a slightly mistaken reference to part of
_Issola_.  The gods believed that Dragaera was the
only place in existence where amorphia had ever been
created.  They were surprised to see it on the planet
the Jenoine were using (they probably created it in
some way similar to the original disaster on Dragaera,
but perhaps only after many tries).

> The Great Sea of Chaos was caused by the
> disaster that
> originally caused the Jenoine to leave.  The Lesser
> Sea was of course
> created by Adron.  The only other way to get
> amorphia that we know of is
> through a certain family line, that was genetically
> altered by the
> Jenoine.

   It's possible that the e'Kieron line doesn't have
the ability to create amorphia, only more amorphia.
If they were cut off from a link to the Greater Sea of
Chaos, they might not be able to do this trick.  In
_Jhereg_ Aliera suggests Vlad shouldn't repeat his
trick without studying the Great Sea and making
friends with it or he could cause big problems (like
destroying the universe).  Away from Dragaera (or the
dimension it's in) they may not be able to create any
more.

(I seem to recall that even the Easterners
> were modified
> slightly to increase psychic abilities)
>
> All of this seems to point to amorphia on Dragaera
> *not* being natural.
> However, I think I'd buy it if someone claimed that
> Dragaera is the only
> place a sea of amorphia can exist without destroying
> everything.

   Well, the Jenoine figured out something (or just
got lucky).  It's possilbe they found another place
(an alternate version of Dragaera?) with the same
properties.