Dragaera

point about _Dragon_

Wed Mar 3 12:54:27 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Alexx Kay wrote:

> > On pg 15 (ppb) of _Dragon_ Vlad describes having related the events
> > of _Taltos_, which occurred "just days before", to a box with ears.
> > Somewhere else we learn someone convinced him his stories would never
> > get back to anyone involved.  I found it rather difficult to suspend my
> > disbelief that V would confide to a stranger the histories of the Vladiad.
> > It now strikes me as rather odd that the stranger in question would know
> > to question V after _Taltos_ - before he'd been rather unusual but
> > (as far as we know) hardly noteworthy to anyone except Kiera.  Hmm.
>
> Semi-new hypothesis: whoever Vlad *thinks* is paying him for these memoirs,
> the actual patron is Sethra Lavode.  She wants the insights into his
> thinking, the better to mold him into... whatever she's molding him
> into...

That sounds plausible.  Note Verra is another candidate for interest in
these insights.  For all we know she may have told Kiera to follow Vlad.

Having entities of this level involved in getting Vlad to tell his tales
makes his acquiescence more plausible to me - and if it happened before
Loisosh, they may simply have convinced him the old-fashioned way.