Dragaera

Geography: The Imperial Circle (direct link fix)

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sat Mar 13 22:33:41 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Bryan Newell wrote:

>> I believe I have mapped out the Imperial Circle in Dragaera City.  The
>> direct link is http://bryann.net/content/brust/dragaera.gif, or you can go
>> to http://bryann.net/brust.html and click on the "view map" link next to
>> "The Imperial Circle."
>
>Err, I renamed the map, but forgot to fix the link in this email.
>
>The direct link is http://bryann.net/content/brust/circle.gif.

I was just about to point this out when your correction arrived.

Anyway, I do want to say that it is indeed nifty; kudos!

A thought about the Phoenix Wing being to the south:  I believe it was
the tradition in Imperial China that south was the "main" direction.
Let me see if I can dig up a reference...

[Google]

Well, there's quite a few pages on the south-pointing chariot or
wagon, which was invented in the first few centuries AD, and one
says: "The reason the ancient Chinese chose south is probably because
north was inauspicious to them. That was where the marauding hordes
came from."

And the sun does travel across the southern sky, in the northern
hemisphere at least.

Perhaps that was what I was remembering.

In Dragaera, they might not notice this, although it may be that the
Overcast is brighter in the south.