Dragaera

Spoiler spacing

Wed Mar 24 05:30:30 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:20:44PM -0500, Tucker wrote:
> My take on spoiler space:
>
> There's some big things that I think should be permanently spoiler-spaced.
> Examples include the point of Agyar, the Big Secret (and maybe the Little
> Secret) at the end of Orca, and Lady Teldra in Issola. Things that aren't
> quite so earthshattering can probably be despoilered after, say, a month or
> two in paperback. This is how I'll be doing it, at least; since I buy the
> hardbacks (one of the perks of working in a bookstore) I probably won't get
> hit with any spoilers myself, however people choose to do them.

This comes up about every 9 months or so, must be the list pregnancy.

The standard that I take, unless there is list-mom or authorial
objection, is there is no need for spoilers for anything n-1 books
back.  In other words, I will protect the two latest books, but
I feel no moral obligation to make reading this list a more time
consuming process than it already is.  :)

-Jot
--
Jot Powers 	<books at bofh.com> 		http://www.bofh.com/books/
"I'm upping my standards, so up yours!"