Dragaera

Goblets, Emperors per Reign

Tue Mar 30 20:46:21 PST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> I'm catching up on the list.
>
> 	[Sean Whalen replying to Philip Hart:]

> > > Heirship seems hereditary in the Phoenix.  Zerika wouldn't be Heir
> > > because she wasn't born yet, so her position is probably assumed by
> > > way of her mother.  Yes, I assume that there is a minimum and
> > > maximum length of time for each reign but any number of Emperors
> > > (though usually just one in practice).
>
> 	[Philip:]

> #> If you can find a reference to the sister as Phoenix Heir I'll be
> #> impressed.  But wasn't Loudin the logical heir (if she was alive?)
> #> possibly already being the Princess?

Me, March 23, desnipped midsentence ellipsislessly (admittedly a long
wordy thread):

Note that according to pg 320 of _FHYA_ [found via
http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/deaths.html#Zerikas_Parentage
], Loudin was the Phoenix Heir just before the Interregnum.

> #>Loudin was the Phoenix Heir just before the Interregnum.

> So I went to my own page to see if I'd found anything:

See the desnip above.  Credit where credit is due, and C&S is due.

Apologies to David Silberstein for "ellipsislessly".