Dragaera

Phoenix Family Ties (Was: Re: Goblets, Emperors per Reign)

Wed Mar 31 18:50:41 PST 2004

--- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Sean Whalen wrote:
>
> >    I think Loudin's actions aren't really
> consistent with being Noima's
> > child.  If she were she could have found out how
> bad conditions were in
> > the court and if it was a good idea to leave the
> city much easier.
> > It's possible Noima's child wasn't born beneath a
> phoenix and was
> > disqualified as Heir.  He might also have died at
> sea, in a war or in an
> > uprising somewhere, especially if he joined the
> army.
>

> Loudin can't be dumb enough not to be aware of court
> conditions, esp. as
> she was a maid of honor to the consort.  Tortaalik
> may drive off a cliff
> next century - Zerika's coming _now_.

   I mean Loudin's husband had to go to Khaavren and
ask him how bad things were likely to get (to learn if
he should take his family out of the city).  If
Tortaalik was about to become a grandfather he
probably would have made some arrangement to safeguard
his daughter at this time.

> I think the
> lack-of-phoenix-flyby
> hypothesis fails, as Paarfi could hardly pass up
> such juicy gossip.

   There must be something implied by Loudin being
Heir instead of whatever child Noima bore, but he's
able to forgo mentioning any gossip about this.