Dragaera

vlad

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Thu Apr 1 06:45:26 PST 2004

bonham15 writes:
>> It is not about the reader.  It is about the salesman for the publisher,
>as a retailer i can understand how important it is to have the average clerk
>behind your product. if you can get 1 clerk out of 100 to say  'hey this

Wow.  It's almost like C.S. Lewis's alegorical blindness in real life
-- Mark was right; it's just impossible for most people to hold the
thought of salesmen being b2b people rather than storefront to reader
people in their head for more than a few seconds, or even a single
paragraph.

And btw, I never noticed that Steven had the "Steven Brust, P.J.F."
version of his name on the actual book covers (under the dust jacket),
as well as on the title page of the book.
Neat!  (thought not as neat as what's, you know, inside the book).

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme at io.com) "I've been teaching |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--him...to live, to breathe, to walk, to sample the   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'