Dragaera

Poker (was Vlad)

Sat Apr 3 08:32:40 PST 2004

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Sunny Han wrote:
>
> > I don't have the balls or the money to actually play :P
>
> If you're REALLY interested, you can play online for free while you learn,
> and good books that talk about strategy for your reading enjoyment.  Do
> NOT put money online until you're really, really ready, then wait a couple
> of weeks and check again that you're really, really ready.

i used to play a fair bit of pool, and with that playing came gambling a
fair bit.
don't use money you can't afford to lose, it affects your judgement and your
skills a lot more than you'd think... but then an old hustler by the name of
danny McGoorty once said that if you haven't played for money when you know
that if you lose you don't eat the next day, you really haven't gambled.
those days are well behind me now and i'm not going to screw around with my
house payment though.

andy