Dragaera

Poker

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Sat Apr 3 13:32:37 PST 2004

At 07:36 04/03/2004 -0500, Ike Porter wrote:

> >  > When you get into higher limits where the good players live, or no-limit
> >  > poker, or tournament poker, then you need additional skills.
> >
> > Places *I* sure won't be found.
>
>Don't say that quite so quickly...I've seen no limit games with a buy in
>as low as $50, and tournaments that start at $35. With entries so low, you
>can go in and play a solid game and clean up from a bunch of
>yahoos...meanin no disrespect to any yahoos on the list of course ;)

The guy who won last year's big Texas Hold 'em tournament, Chris
Moneymaker, had never played in a live tournament before in his life, in
fact, had won his $10,000 entry playing poker on the Internet.  He got
lucky: very, very lucky, in fact, went "all in" and got dealt a winning
card more than once.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net