Dragaera

Poker

Mon Apr 5 21:51:29 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, skzb wrote:
>
> #It's actually more often the other way around: trying to represent that you
> #have the best possible hand (technically called "the nuts") by betting
> #strongly into the guy who actually has it.  I have learned that, in the
> #long-run, this is not a money-making venture.
>
> "Betting into" = "betting against"?

We say "spitting into the wind", not "against", don't we?

While I'm failing to live up to my Grammar God rating (see
http://quizilla.com/users/BaalObsidian/quizzes/How%20grammatically%20sound%20are%20you%3F/
) - last night I had to break it to some otherwise very fluent friends
that "a colleague of us" isn't English.  Why is "ours" necessary here?