Dragaera

Food and drink

Joy Jennifer Nicholson jjnichol at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 7 11:42:57 PDT 2004

A discussion of food and drink could easily become a discussion of the plants
and animals of Dragaera, which I would enjoy.

For example, what kind of animal
is a kethna?  I'd always imagined it as some sort of bird, perhaps rather like
a chicken, but in LoCB a "suckling kethna" is served, suggesting that it is
more likely to be a mammal.  What parallels can we draw between Dragaeran fauna
and our own?

We also have examples of both 4-limbed (Easterners, Dragaerans, Serioli, issola)
and 6-limbed (cat-centaurs, jhereg, creotha, tiassa) creatures on Dragaera.
Evolutionarily, that's unexpected.  Perhaps one set is native and the other
is imported from our "small invisible lights", except that the Serioli are
also 4-limbed (or Vlad's description of them is incredibly lacking).

Thoughts?