Dragaera

This Dragaeran topic is censored to get around spam filters

Sun Apr 11 21:42:37 PDT 2004

> > Well, it depends.  If you want a good solid action-packed bout,
> > you're probably wanting a Dzur-babe.  If you want the dreamy sort,
> > you'd be in the mood for a Hawk.  If you wanted to be dominated,
> > you'd ... I was going to say "Dragon" but I'm hard-pressed thinking
> > of how someone would proposition a Dragon without losing a hand or
> > something of equal value.
>
> Issola women might be fairly expensive.

While I can't back this up with text, and therefore it belongs squarely in
the category of opinion, my feel is that, while Dragaerans might not view
prostitution the same way Easterners do, it is still not exactly the sort of
career you would want your son or daughter to be in.

We have not met a single "proud" prostitute, so far as I know.  No one like
the courtesans from "firefly," for example.

I would also imagine that prostitution is generally controlled by the
Jhereg, which implies two things:

1. You might well find ex-Dragons (*) such as Kragar being employed in a
Jhereg house of possibly-ill repute.

2. Prostitution carries the general Jhereg stink.

And another thing, while Vlad did say that Dragaerans don't look at
prostitution the same way as Easterners, Paarfi does not describe a single
encounter between any of his main characters and a prostitute... if it was
"no big deal," I'd expect him to mention it as casually as the temperament
of their horses.

Bryan

(*) I find it very difficult to believe that Dzur ever find employment in
this way, at least not pure-breed Dzurs.