Dragaera

This Dragaeran topic is censored to get around spam filters

Gomi no Sensei gomi at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 11 21:50:34 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Howard Brazee wrote:

> Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Howard Brazee wrote:
> >
> >> The topic of the day is Dragaeran sex.
> >>
> >> In a society with prostitution accepted, but otherwise a very high
> >> level of equality, I'm wondering what clues Steve has given us to
> >> their sex lives and how it impacts them, in society and in places
> >> such as the front lines of a war.
> >
> > I don't believe I understand your apparent inference that tolerated
> > prostitution is at variance with gender equality. Do you pretend the
> > profession of courtesan is limited to a particular sort of plumbing?
> >
> > pe
>
> With humans, women are more likely to want a courtesan, while men are more
> likely to want a whore.  Our biological differences extend to sexual wants
> and needs.   But we're not talking humans here, so I don't have a basis to
> answer your question.

Perhaps I was too elliptical.

You implied that tolerance of prostitution was an exception to Dragaeran
sexual equality. I inquired why you thought that was so, as prostitution does
not necessarily find itself restricted to a single gender. As far as courtesans
and whores go, perhaps this will illustrate:

Courtesan:Chef::Whore:Cook

pe