Dragaera

random comments on The Enchantress of Dzur Mountain: Spoilers

Wed Apr 14 15:48:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:39:24PM -0400, Steve Simmons wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 08:27:16AM -0700, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>
> > --- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> > > spoilers for _TEoDM_
> > >

> > > again, spoilers for the Pirodessey or the end of the Paarfiad or ...
> > >

>  . . .

> The other is that the gods are rather like the Jenoine.  When
> they're ready in advance to face a Great Weapon (cf Pathfinders
> and Blackwands effectiveness in ISSOLA), they can defend quite
> well.  But if it's a surprise (cf Godslayer in ISSOLA), they
> are in deep fecal matter.

Of course, Godslayer may be explicitly designed to ignore many of the usual
advance preparations, like sorcerous ones.  And the Jenoine defenses looked
different that the portrayal of Trina'gore's.  Though, how much belief do you
want to put in Paarfi's version of events?  For all we know what "really"
happened was that Morrolan went, pissed, summoned, and slew, and all the other
details were color to add verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing
(and short) narrative.

I think Verra went down pretty quickly in Fenario, though the forces involved
were presumably different.

-xx- Damien X-)