Dragaera

Great Weapons

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed May 5 15:04:45 PDT 2004

I wrote:
I would like to once again assert that Morrolan's taking Blackwand into
the Paths, when he fully expects to be staying, is an annoying flaw in
_Taltos_, which if anyone can explain away I'd be grateful.

SKZB replied:
Just an oversight on my part.  I completely forgot that, when going into
great danger, someone who owns a powerful artifact that might save his
life will naturally leave this artifact behind.  What was I thinking?

For more, see
http://dragaera.info/mailinglists/archive.cgi/1/9794

After a bit of arguing with myself, I concluded,
"I'm still somewhat skeptical."

Since it has been Written, we need to live with that.   Steven has the
ability to resolve that if he wants to.   Maybe he did not have the ability
to will his sword to someone before going to the Paths.    Maybe Sethra
thought he would need it (some prophesy that didn't come to fruition yet).
Maybe BlackWand didn't let itself be forgotten.

We don't know enough yet about how GW's get passed on - but we haven't seen
an example of someone inheriting one.