Dragaera

Brust interview

Tue May 11 07:41:19 PDT 2004

This is getting kind of silly.

My problem with using ideas that I've read on the list has nothing to do
with any legal questions.  It has more to do with thinking, "Oh.  Someone
else came up with that?  Well, I guess it must be too predictable/"  I hate
being predictable.  On the other hand, changing something I think is cool
just because someone else had the idea is problamatical.

For the moment, at least, I've left that scene in.  By the time I get to the
end of the book, like as not I'll have decided that the scene doesn't fit in
anyway.