Dragaera

OT: martin vs Jordan vs Feist vs...

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Wed May 12 08:12:18 PDT 2004

Dennis Higbee writes:
>As far as Martin v. Jordan goes, I'm not sure what you mean by "tinker
>with the formula."  Jordan's not formulaic.  Someone like Feist is
>formulaic; he tells the same story over and over.

Is he?  I'm annoyed by Feist because he's a mediocre writer, because
he stole (through a third party, but who cares?) outrageously from
M. A. Barker (and never admitted it), and because cutting Magician
where they did for the paperback edition was a crime against humanity,
but I wouldn't say that, say, Magician was particularly similar to
Mistress of the Empire, or that either was similar in any way to
Faerie Tale.

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme at io.com) "I've been teaching |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--him...to live, to breathe, to walk, to sample the   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'