Dragaera

Paarfi's account vs... (major spoilers for Sethra Lavode)

Wed May 12 12:30:38 PDT 2004

Hello, all.

> > Personally, I believe Paresh's account.
>
>John Klein is on fire today, but I disagree with this.  Aerich just
>wouldn't chase a Teckla or fire off lightning bolts.

Fun debate. Am I the only person who leaps to the middle ground? I figured
that what really happened was somewhere between the two versions we've
heard. Something like Paresh throws a spell and then runs off and hides,
assuming without looking back that the mean ol' Lyorn is after him. I think
it's also a good compromise between Teckla cowardice and Paresh's efforts to
rise above it. We know Paarfi isn't always completely honest, and I don't
think Paresh would outright make stuff up, as it would undermine his whole
point, but it certainly seems likely that he would exaggerate.

Premium!