Dragaera

Paarfi's account vs... (major spoilers for Sethra Lavode)

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu May 20 13:54:10 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:56:30 -0700 (PDT), Philip Hart
<philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

>> That does not contradict the idea that it's a result of their actions. A
>> nuclear bomb is stronger than you and everybody you know.
>
> I can build a nuclear bomb (and have no intention to, secret govt
> agencies listening in); a nuclear bomb can't build me.

I'm not sure this is 100% true.  Consider the wielder of a Great Weapon.
Having power does change the wielder.

> Newton was so smart it makes my teeth hurt, but he was a contemptible
> nutcase outside the field.

Because he researched into fields that we now believe to be wacko?

Part of the reason we don't accept achemy is because Newton did his
research.  I don't think it is being a comptible nutcase to decide to use
Scientific Method to test common hypotheses.