Dragaera

Monty Haul Syndrome?

Thu Jun 3 15:07:06 PDT 2004

>If the Taltos cycle was viewed as a series of RPG sessions, I'd be starting
>to look a bit aghast at the game master.
>
>Let's face it, if Vlad was just a bit less likable, he'd be a munchkin and
>the GM would be one of the worst Monty Haul types around.
>
>Vlad is so accomplished a fighter and assassin that hardly anything gets
>past him.

Interesting thought process.  I'm currently deeply embroiled in my first
MMORPG, City of Heroes.  This breakdown resonates for me.

Without confirming or challenging your thesis, I'll simply remind us that
Steve(n) has already written a Vlad book set in the past before the current
"now" (with _Dragon_) and could easily do that again wtihout jeopardizing
his latest story arc.

http://books.fantasticfiction.co.uk/n1/n5602.htm?authorid=4564

Johne Cook
Wisconsin, USA

Looking to buy a house? Get informed with the Home Buying Guide from MSN
House & Home. http://coldwellbanker.msn.com/