Dragaera

If I were the Demon...

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Fri Jun 4 14:03:10 PDT 2004

lazarus wrote in response to Ken Koester:
> > If I
> >were on the Council, I'd see Vlad's continued liberty a threat to me
> >personally, one way or the other.
>
> And what happens if Vlad manages to secure a seat on the Council?

_If_ Vlad could be persuaded to accept a seat on the Council, I suspect
that:

A) He would be less of a direct threat to other members of the council.
He's less inclined to kill them off if he is working with them.  (Also,
it would be easier to keep an eye on him.)

B) He'd be less of an indirect threat, in that he would have a vested
interest in protecting the House and the Council from would-be
copy-cats.  I think that he could be an effective deterrent to such
upstarts.

C) There might even be some advantages to having someone with the ear of
the Empress on the council.  There are some disadvantages as well...

This is not to say that I think the Demon would be successful in
attempting to persuade Vlad to join the council.