Dragaera

Monty Haul Syndrome? (Spoily!)

Fri Jun 4 14:12:14 PDT 2004

--- Timothy Nelson <TimN at rcn.com> wrote:
> LT would certainly protect Vlad's soul from being snacked on by a
> morganti
> pointy-stick, but I can't see anything to keep them from sticking a
> knife in his back and hiding him for 3 days.

Whatever was mentioned at the end of _Orca_, when Sethra (I think)
said that the assassin who killed Morrolan was very lucky.  (As I've
said before, I'm hoping that comment gets retconned as an
exaggeration.)

> Which brings to mind a question previously discussed here: What happens
> when
> the owner's soul is absorbed into the GW for protection for more than 3
> days? Does he/she return as undead? Is the body simply unable to
> reabsorb
> the soul? Does it matter at all, since the 3 day limit has to do with
> "departure of the soul", which becomes a non-issue?

Whatever allows the most Cool Stuff to happen.

> They could always find a way to lure him to deathsgate again. I can see
> him
> going in order to save someone important, even if it meant incurring the
> wrath of the LoJ.

There's one I didn't think of.  Thanks!

Jerry Friedman