Dragaera

Monty *Hall*

Fri Jun 4 16:10:25 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 02:55:12PM -0700, Scott Schultz wrote:

> Monty Haul was just a convenient term to represent the idea I had that maybe
> Vlad was becoming unrealistically powerful, especially considering that
> we're only (theoretically) halfway through his cycle of stories. I could

I thought someone said a few years ago that Morrolan looked like a classic
munchkin, himself.  Witch, sorceror, wizard, Great Weapon, soulmate to a god,
only 500 years old (given 3000 year lifespan), working on elder sorcery, funky
dimensional window, friends with Sethra Lavode...

Then there's Aliera
Merit: Daughter of a Goddess
Merit: e'Kieron line (can creat amorphia)
Merit: 5 point Friendship (Sethra Lavode)

plus the Great Weapon...

And of course Vlad knows the Best Thief in the world, and what seemes to be
the Best Psionicist in the world, plus Invisible Guy.

Vlad's not really overpowered for his peer group.  It's the peer group which
is insane.

> On the other hand, the various conjectures about Vlad's return over the last
> couple of days have shown that there is still plenty of story-telling
> potential there. I'm not overly concerned about it.

"They sold Valabar's!   Noooooo!"

-xx- Damien X-)