Dragaera

If I were the Demon...

Mon Jun 7 14:14:34 PDT 2004

--- Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
> Jerry Friedman wrote:

> > And Vlad particularly
> > hates being manipulated.  He has been willing to defy Sethra
> > Lavode and Verra as well as the Organization.  If the Jhereg
> > did come up with a foolproof way to threaten Vlad's life in
> > order to control him, they'd be taking a very large risk that
> > they had only arranged for him to take them down with him.
>
> There are safer ways to manipulate someone.  The safest way is to give
> someone what they want - when what they want is what you also want.

Good point.  Indeed, in _Dragon_ Vlad goes along with what seems
to be Morrolan's manipulations to recruit him.  I should have said
that Vlad hates to be coerced.

However, even that safest way isn't always absolutely safe.  Imagine
offering Morrolan *anything* in return for an assassination.

--
Jerry Friedman