Dragaera

Random musings [Spoilers Warning]

Tue Jun 8 19:36:08 PDT 2004

Scott Schultz wrote:
>>I think it's an allusion to _Lord Valentine's Castle_ but
>>it's been so long since I read it that I can't give you
>>anything more specific.
>>

> I haven't read that story so can't comment on the comparison. "The Princess
> Bride" comes to mind for me because Fezzig's distinguishing feature was that
> he was a giant (in the extremely huge man sense, not the fantasy sense)
> hence the admonition to "dream of large women". One of the more noticable of
> Vlad's distinguishing characteristics is his whiskers, so the allusion works
> the same. The fact that Vlad is completely confused by it is just icing on
> the cake. ;-)
>

>>Are you so sure? Blackwand is very fierce. Do Iceflame and
>>Pathfinder have anything like that effect on Vlad or on
>>others? I'm sure Lady Teldra wouldn't want to disturb people
>>unnecessarily.
>>

> You could be right. I can't recall any specific times that Vlad complained
> about Pathfinder or Iceflame, so maybe Blackwand's personality just makes it
> like that.
>
> It's hard to say what Godslayer will be like. We need to remember that it's
> personality is based on the remnants or Teldra but it's NOT her. Her soul
> was destroyed as surely as anyone who's cut by a Morganti weapon. Godslayer
> is a new personality built from fragments of Teldra woven into whatever
> personality was already built into Spellbreaker. It will be interesting when
> it awakens but it will be something other than Lady Teldra.

It won't be the Issola in the flesh, obviously, but I think that from
Vlad's reaction and the description of the personality, the weapon is
more Teldra than knife. He won't be calling it Godslayer, either.

Jose
--
Jose Marquez                       \  Cthulhu 2004
jhereg69 at earthlink.net              \  Why vote for