Dragaera

Morrolan, ells and history

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Thu Jun 24 18:30:39 PDT 2004

At 18:02 06/24/2004 -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:

>This reminds me of people who demand a particular spelling of Shakespeare or
>Tchaikovsky.   Their names weren't in our alphabet   Shakespeare spelled his
>name multiple ways - spelling wasn't codified then.   But we assume it is
>codified in Dragaera?

I agree with the Shakespeare comment.

"Tchaikovsky" is the French transliteration of the Cyrillic.  Germans have
it Tschaikowski, I think.  The usual English transliteration of the
Cyrillic would be "Chaikovskiy", but as the composer himself used the
French spelling when he appeared in the United States, that is what is
normally used, instead.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net