Dragaera

Linguistics and population

Fri Jul 23 13:48:01 PDT 2004

At 11:47 AM 7/23/04, Philip Hart wrote:
>[possible eentsie spoiler for the Piroiad]
> > Heck, we still don't know what the Overcast actually /is/, do we?
> > What parts of sunlight does it block?  How much?
>
>I'm under the impression that we know the Overcast is industrial
>pollution - I think it is observed to recede during the Interregnum.

I thought the Overcast was analogous with CFC emissions. Namely the use of
sorcery creating an atmospheric residue; a by-product of the transformed
amorphia where the energy is used but not all the matter is transformed to
energy. If it were simply industrial in nature I don't think it would have
lessened during the Interregnum.

The Easterners are roughly equal technologically so the Overcast should
extend over the mountains and the Island nations. The difference? The
non-use of sorcery.