Dragaera

Name similarities and pure speculation

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 20:25:46 PDT 2004

---Jerry_Friedman at yahoo.com wrote on 7/26/2004:
> However have we every seen any Dragaeran apologize for anything or
> admit to being in the wrong?

Hi,

The only case I could remember turned out to not be a Dragaeran.  I
thought Devera had said I'm sorry for Verra.

The Book of Taltos trade paperback Phoenix Page 378  'Verra said
"I'm sorry all of this had to happen."'

I could not remember another example, even though I had just
finished re-reading everything recently.

On the Dragaera Book Search there are lots of examples of the word
sorry (none for apologize).

I thought this was a good example.
The Book of Jhereg trade paperback Jhereg page 48   Jhereg
paperback page 65
"Sorry.  I'll let you know when I've found him."  Said by Daymar,
House of Hawk, Dragaeran.  Of course, he wasn't saying sorry for
almost destroying Vlad.

When I decided to re-read everything, I had misplaced some of the
books and some of the others are yellow. The Brokedown Palace book
has funny spots on the paper edges.  The cover of The Phoenix Guards
is a little torn.  I remembered seeing the one set of the Vlad trade
paperbacks next to Sethra. I went back and bought them.  When I
finished reading everything on Dragaera, there was another set of
the trade paperbacks but Sethra was still not out in paperback.
I now have a hardback copy of Sethra Lavode on acid-free paper. The
Vlad trade paperbacks do not say acid-free.

Bye.

Linda G.