Dragaera

http://roommatefromhell.com/

Wed Aug 11 04:33:50 PDT 2004

Jim Katz wrote:

>Hi Johne,
>This is being done by another blog as well, and the latest is some
>interesting sci fi.

Guys, I have to tell you fan fiction writers have been doing this for
years. Individual journals, community writing journals, role play
games.... a lot of people have been doing it for a long time both for
'borrowed' and original characters. One of the advantages is that you
can friends lock it  if you so desire which saves the bother of setting
up a password protected site.

Even I have a short story journal - it's a useful off site back up and I
can group the different the different ficlets together in different ways
as memories. It gives me a space to play with my original characters in
little snapshots that aren't big enough or important enough to go on my
website. I would say journals are very good it you write in descreet
chunks and in order. Ninty percent of the time I bounce around my
stories in no particular order and I have other means of distribution
which is why I mainly use mine for storage rather than the writing
process. It can help to keep you motivated  and it is a quick and easy
way to publish (or correct if/when) you notice any errors.

Good luck,

:-)

Fides