Dragaera

Vlad and the Orb

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Mon Aug 23 13:20:12 PDT 2004

On 23 Aug 2004 at 9:13, David Silberstein wrote

<snip>

>  "A Jhereg noble was killed -
> but he was a member of the Organization, as is the suspect, and we
> don't mess with the Organization, and the Organization doesn't mess
> with us.  If the Organization wants, the suspect will be 'taken care
> of' by someone in the Organization."

Or perhaps, knowing that a member of the Organization will not
testify against the Organization (I can't remember which book that
was in...) they ask formalized questions which allow the person
testifying to both remain "truthful" and "true to House Jhereg" - or, in
the hopes that if you give someone enough rope they will form a
noose and hang themselves.

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com