Dragaera

Joining a house, or changing houses

Wed Sep 1 10:13:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Casey Rousseau wrote:

> Based on Aliera's explanations in Yendi, the acknowedged clusterings of
> genetic drift can be found in Teckla and Jhereg.  Nothing in the books have
> explicitly said that it is possible to become/remain a member of the Yendi
> if one is a crossbreed.

No one in the books is in a position to know (well, ok, conceivably
Aliera) or (in Pel's case) informed and likely to tell the truth.

According to the cuckoo theory there should be a good deal of taboo
associated with Yendi.  (Also probably a lot of gutter humor.  Come
to think of it, I don't think there's anything ribald in the Texts -
I'm thinking of the sort of jokes I have to read the footnotes to
understand in the first acts of Shakespearean comedies, or Rabelais,
or say Laurence Sterne.  Guess it would slow things down too much.)