Dragaera

Differences between The Book of Jhereg and Jhereg

Sat Sep 18 22:20:10 PDT 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:

> Jhereg (page 3)  "Nothing of any significance there, it
> was mostly Jhereg, or an occasional Teckla (each Dragaeran
> House bears the name of one of our native creatures), who
> came into our restaurant."
>
> The Book of Jhereg (page 4) "Nothing of any significance
> there, it was mostly Jhereg, or an occasional Teckla, who
> came into our restaurant."

Afaict the original version is perfectly consistent with Vlad's
conviction that his stories will never get back to him.  How else
could he be sure unless the interviewer was from an unreachable place?
And how could such a person know about the local flora and customs?
(Assuming that the conversation is psychic and alingual - a fluent
Dragaeran speaker would know about House names, but wouldn't be a very
trustworthy repository of dangerous info.  Hmm, still wondering
about whether it's possible to lie in a psychic conversation.)