Dragaera

Idle Speculation - The Teckla Republic

Fri Oct 1 12:12:12 PDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, jeff G. wrote:

 > But with all the House having a built in inclination for particular
 > positions (Dragons as Warlord, Athyra as Judges, Lyorn Recordkeepers,
Yendi
 > Prime Ministers, to name the most obvious), the people that run the
empire
 > on a day to day basis would remain in their positions for some time,
 > [solecism snipped]

The Teckla include genes (and surely traits) from the noble houses and
are in my view likely to be able to find appropriate replacements.
I would imagine that in any transition there will be many holdovers,
esp. in (relatively) abrupt transitions - but my guess is that there
would be more and faster changes going from a noble autocracy
to a popular republic.

Are you sure? Remember, we have been exposed only to the more exceptional
Teckla. The vast majority I would imagine are rather more like the sheep
that populate this country and enjoy Nascar racing.

BTW, I am debating on whether I should be insulted or not. If you meant it
grammatically, I suppose I will allow your method of editing to stand.

Jeff