Dragaera

So who's that on the cover of Sethra?

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Wed Oct 6 15:18:28 PDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Jerry Friedman wrote:

#I think you're missing that there's no "they" who care about things
#like that.  As I understand it, no one can make the artist read
#the book, and as far as I can tell, no publisher is going to pay
#for a revised painting as long as the artist has come up with
#something that might help sell books.  (In defiance of a proverb
#and my comprehension, cover art really does make a difference to
#some buyers, including many whose literary judgement I respect.)
#So don't expect covers to accurately reflect the book.

There's a bimbo on the cover of my book
Maya Bohnhoff

(to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands")

There's a bimbo on the cover of my book.
There's a bimbo on the cover of my book.
She is blond and she is sexy,
She is nowhere in the text, she
Is the bimbo on the cover of my book!

	[more but I don't know it]

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
     http://mark.cracksandshards.com/filk.html
     Now on the Filker's Bardic Webring!