Dragaera

what, me spamming?

David Silberstein davids at Kithrup.COM
Thu Oct 7 08:39:08 PDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Brian Keegan wrote:

>Sex is a common word to block in spam. So sexy would do it to.

Yet my e-mail *contained* the word "sexy", as well as "blond" and
"bimbo" and yet did not get bounced.

Hmm.  There must have been something else.

Looking at Mark's original e-mail, I note that he had a weblink at
the bottom to his filk page.  Maybe that was the deciding factor?
If an e-mail contains certain words *and* a weblink, then it
crosses the programs threshold for being spam?  Alternatively,
maybe it's the *count* of certain words - once might be forgivable,
but "bimbo" occuring four times (five in this e-mail) is considered
spam?

Well, allow me to experiment a bit.  Here is the text of the
song again, with no weblink.  Let's see if this e-mail gets bounced
or not.