Dragaera

Some thoughts on Tazendra

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 21:46:09 PDT 2004

David Silberstein wrote on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

>For example, in /The Paths of the Dead/,
>when Piro and Kytraan meet Tazendra, it's this hugely dramatic
>moment where they can't see who is challenging them because of
>the sunglare - except that because the sun is directly in their
>faces and is *behind* her, it must follow that Tazendra can
>easily make out who she is addressing, and of course, she knows
>who Kytraan is; why would she challenge him as if he was some
>stranger?

Hi,

Tazendra and Kytraan may have been strangers.

The Paths of the Dead last paragraph of Chapter 16 and first couple
pages of Chapter 17 paperback 159-165.  I think you can read this
section in such a way that Tazendra and Kytraan have never seen
each other before.  Tazendra may know about a Kytraan and his
mission, but not know what he looks like since they have never met
face to face.  It is a pretty big mountain inside and outside.

Bye.

Linda G.